With all this talk of Steam Boxes and living room PCs, we decided it was time to give the in-house team a good challenge. After listening to them all talking about hardware and who’d make a better PC, it soon became obvious that there was only one way to find out…The Cheapest Gaming PC Challenge!
Objective: To build the cheapest possible gaming PC suitable for your living room.
We had to set a few rules to make it fair, although it seems that one of our devs has already been picking at them to find loopholes!
Must play the the most demanding GameSessions trials at 720p resolution and at a minimum of 30 fps:
Rules for the Cheapest Gaming PC Challenge:
– Must have wifi.
– Build cost will be calculated as what the team spent on all components in the build, including VAT.
– All components must be purchased new.
– No keyboard, mouse or controller need be included.
– No allowance is needed for the cost of Windows.
– Must include a power supply.
– If a tiebreaker is required, the PC that weighs the least (including power supply) will be the winner.
See how our teams have been getting on:
Have you built a gaming PC?
Tweet us to tell us how it’s done!
Or test your own machine by playing our most demanding free trials!